Trusts & Estates
VPS manages the estate settlement process from start to finish and assists attorneys with document drafting, review, and filing. VPS`s team of trusts and estates paralegals have experience in both trusts and estates law firms as well as working in probate courts. VPS services include the following:
Trust & Estate Planning
- Drafting estate documents including: Health Care Directives and Proxies, Power of Attorney, Wills, Living Trusts, Declaration of Homestead, Transfer Deeds, and Life Insurance Trusts
- Estate tax research and planning
- Estate modeling integrating financial and behavioral impact
Probate and Litigation
- Draft and edit petitions and supporting documents required for probate, conservatorship, and trust administration.
- Investigations and legal research regarding contested wills, trust, conservatorship challenges, entitlement issues, and creditor claims
- Draft and edit petitions in response to contests
- Review estate planning documents and prepare summaries and analysis
- Review and organize records maintained by fiduciaries, decedents, and proposed conservatees
- Prepare inventories, real estate transfer deeds, change of ownership reports, exclusion claims for reassessment and supplemental documents required to facilitate the transfer of real estate
- Prepare distribution plans for probate administration under the terms of wills and the laws of intestate succession.
- Draft fiduciary accountings, attorney fee declarations, and supplements to perfect pleadings in response to inquiries by probate attorneys and examiners
- Assist with trial preparation by drafting trial memoranda, managing data bases, exhibits and document production
- Draft and edit gift tax and federal estate tax returns (forms 706 and 709).
- Manage and secure confidential contracts, settlement agreements, and correspondence
- Prepare sub trust allocation schedules and distribution plans pursuant to terms of governing trust documents
- Manage trust administration and maintain files and compliance calendars
- Prepare and send notices and alerts to beneficiaries
- Prepare and file required documentation for distributions and taxes
- Trust entity compliance and maintenance services