For transaction assistance, working in an online workroom secured environment, Virtual Paralegal Services provides the following assistance:
- Closing Agenda: Prepare initial closing agenda or closing checklist together with a list of all assignments for which VPS can be responsible.
- Assist in due diligence.
- Assist in drafting request for due diligence documents or assisting in receiving and tracking due diligence documents.
- Draft schedules.
- Perform UCC financing statement searches; Prepare UCC chart with search results.
- Perform other public records searches as required.
- Initial Agreements and Documents: Draft initial drafts of ancillary agreements and documents such as:
- Employment agreements.
- Bill of sale.
- Stock certificates.
- FIRPTA Certificate 1445.
- UCC Financing Statements.
Closing Certificates: Draft closing certificates such as:
- Secretary’s Certificates.
- Officers’ Certificates.
- Merger certificates.
- Charter amendments (name change, etc.).
- Draft stockholders and directors consents.
- Obtain long and/or short good standing certificates for all applicable entities, domestic and foreign.
- Obtain tax good standing certificates (as required).
- Restore to good standing (if required).
- Order certified copies of charter.
- Provide transaction assistance.
- Finalize documents, separating signature pages for execution and preparing correct number of signature pages for the closing including signature tabs.
- Coordinate obtaining signatures.
- File charter amendments; UCC financing statements and assist in fulfilling any other closing conditions.
- Track post-closing matters.
- File appropriate originals in minute book.
- Revise closing agenda into closing index for binder.
- File post-closing filings (i.e. trademark assignments).
- Prepare initial closing binders.
- Work with printer to make copies and distribute.
- In transactions involving private equity, VPS provides blue sky assistance.