Virtual Paralegal Services provides comprehensive support for all bankruptcy proceedings under Chapter 7, 11 and 13. Our bankruptcy paralegals have years of experience in petition preparation, drafting of motions and objections, ECF filings and case management. VPS helps clients manage costs throughout the process by providing support only when you need it. Our fixed fee packages fit your practice model so you know the cost of supporting bankruptcy projects. We can help you save time and money by:
Petition Preparation and Filing:
- Gathering of documents to prepare and file the petition via ECF.
- For Ch. 11 project, gather assets, list of liabilities, property, monthly operating reports and business affairs.
- Conduct property appraisal, credit report, proof of insurance, and gather tax returns.
- For Pro Se, review cases and provide a detailed report on the status of the filing.
- Help prepare for Meeting of Creditors.
- Educate the debtor about the bankruptcy process and assist with any questions or complaints.
- Review plans for viability with any changing circumstances.
- Manage plan compliance by tracking payments made and deadlines for lump sum payments.
- Draft and/or review proof of claims and modifications.
- Manage correspondence with other counsel, trustee and debtors.
- Manage case issues such as claim objections, relief from stay, stipulations and drafting modified plans.
- Manage calendar and court deadlines.
- Manage debtor payments by handling delinquencies, missing payments and tracking wage garnishment or ACH issues.
- Ensure all payments have been made and no refund is needed.
- Ensure debtor has completed debtor education course.
- Correspond with the trustee for discharge date.
- Run post credit report to make sure there are no lingering creditors.
- Retrieve titles back from the trustee or banks.
- Ensure wage deduction/ACH has been cancelled.
VPS provides these services on a fixed fee basis so your costs are predictable and you can incorporate into your existing billing structure. Call or email us today to learn more about how we can help you manage your bankruptcy projects.